- Preheat oven to 425F. Brush the oven proof dish with little bit of oil. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and paprika. Place chicken into the oven proof dish. Roast for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Pick the meat of the bones and set aside to cool.
- Prepare mayo. In a heat proof bowl, combine egg, mustard, lemon juice. Whisk together. Set the bowl over the pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until mixture is hot. Once hot, cook for 1 more minute while stir whisking.
- Remove bowl from the heat and gradually while still whisking add olive oil. Mixture will thicken. Set aside to cool, stir occasionally.
- For the Salad : roughly chop the meat, chop steamed beans into about 1/2 inch big pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine meat, chopped shallot, beans, parsley, chives, add cooled mayonnaise and gently stir together. Taste, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice as needed.
- Chill for an hour.
- Split the baguettes in half, stuff with the salad. Cut the baguette into sandwiches. Wrap in a plastic wrap, napkin or wax paper. These can be made one day ahead and stored in the fridge.
- If you like the bread to be really crusty fill the bread on the day of the picnic party.
Sam’s Kitchen – Elderflower Cordial
Lila Loa – Sandwich Picnic Cookies
Pink Little Cake –Shortbread Cookie Tart with Caramel Bits
Hungry Happenings – Ketchup and Mustard Push up Pops
The Partiologist – Ant on a Log
Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons – Picnic Blanket Treats
The Baked Equation – Lemon Cookie Cake
The Decorated Cookie – Cookies on the String
Not Your Momma’s Cookie – Ant Attack Cupcakes
Thank you to all the amazing Giveaway Sponsors. Be sure to check out their websites below.
The Marshmallow Studio
The Cookie Cutter Company
Mary Had a Little Party
King Arthur Flour
To enter giveaway please use the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway will run from July 20th, 2013 till July 27th, 2013. 6 Winners will be picked using the Rafflecopter widget. Prizes will be picked in the order of sponsors you see above, starting with The Marshmallow Studio and ending with King Arthur Flour. Winners will receive one email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond. New winner(s) will be picked if we don’t hear from you. Thank you and good luck.