1/2 cup water
– Using a wooden spoon stir all the ingredient until well incorporated
– Cover the saucepan and let it cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
– After 3 minutes, remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
– Do not stir from this point on, but it is important to carefully shake the pan so that caramel doesn’t burn
– DON’T BE TEMPTED TO TASTE, MIXTURE IS VERY HOT P ! Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. I recommend wearing oven mitts and keep away from the pan. The mixture will bubble up significantly.
– Stir the mixture, again being careful. Add the butter and stir until combined.
– Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool. Caramel can be made a day ahead.
You will have leftover caramel, it stores well refrigerated in an airtight container for about a month.