Lily Of the Valley Meringue Cookies
Wilton 115- Large Leaf Tip – for the leaves
Wilton 2- Small Round Tip- for the stems
Wilton 3-Small Round Tip – for the flower
Parchment squares, about 3″x3″
Flower Nail, (if you don’t have a flower nail, you can easily use your KitchenAid Cook’s Series Stainless Steel Meat Thermometer wrap it in the plastic wrap to protect the surface and then continue as if you were using a flower nail, I find this to be really useful and have used it numerous times as I keep loosing flower nails)
4 large egg whites
3/4 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2tsp extract(use, vanilla, mint, orange, lemon..etc)
Green leaf food coloring
Make the Meringue
Using a whisk combine egg whites, pinch of salt, sugar in a heat proof bowl, best tempered glass or your stainless steel mixer bowl. Set the bowl over the pan with simmering water. Whisking constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot to the touch, about 5 minutes or so.
Transfer the bowl to your electric mixers, using wire attachment, beat the mixture gradually from low to high, until stiff peaks are formed.About 8-10 minutes. Add the flavoring and mix for a minute or so to incorporate extract.
Remove about 1 1/2 cup white meringue and fill the piping bag fitted with Wilton Tip #3
Preheat oven to 180F-200 F.
- Place a dot of meringue onto the flower nail and place a piece of parchment square on top to secure it.
- Using a large Wilton Leaf Tip#115 pipe the leaf
- Using a small round Wilton Tip #2 pipe green stems details as shown
- Using a Wilton Tip #3 pipe the white flowers as dots
- Bake for 1 to 2 hours, turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven until cool
- Store in the airtight container, if storing for longer then few day I suggest placing few packets of silica gel int the container to keep the moisture away