Have you tried making floral meringue cookies? Today I’m going to show you how to make pretty Lily of the Valley Meringue Cookies. Perfect floral cookies to celebrate arrival of Spring.
updated post from 2012
HOW TO MAKE LILY OF THE VALLEY MERINGUE COOKIES
To make these floral lilly of the valley meringue cookies I used the same recipe I use for all my meringue cookies. You can refer to the recipe in the recipe box at the bottom of this post or look at step by step picture directions on how to make Rose Meringue Cookies.
Color about ¾ of stiff white meringue with leaf green food coloring and leave rest white.
TIP : It’s best to use concentrated leaf gel food coloring, don’t use liquid food coloring. I mostly use Americolor brand food coloring.
To pipe the cookies I used 3 piping bags fitted with the metal piping tips.
Fill the piping bag fitted with a leaf tip # 115 with about ¾ of colored green meringue. Spoon remaining green meringue into a piping bag fitted with a round tip #2. Lastly fill the piping bag fitted with round tip #3 with white meringue.
HOW TO PIPE LILY OF THE VALLEY MERINGUE COOKIES
Pipe a dot of meringue onto the flower nail and put a piece of parchment square on the top, (step 1). Using a large Wilton Leaf Tip #115 pipe the leaf, (step 2).
Using a small round Wilton Tip #2 pipe a green stem in the middle of the leaf, (steps 1-2).
Pipe small rounded stems attached to the main stem using a Wilton Tip #2 and then pipe white lily of the valley flowers with white meringue using a piping tip #3.
BAKE MERINGUE COOKIES
Place each parchment square with piped lily of the valley flower onto a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven at 175F for 2-3 hours, turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven until oven cools.
HOW TO STORE MERINGUE COOKIES
Immediately store cooled vanilla meringues in an airtight container. I prefer storing baked meringue cookies or meringue wreaths with a small bowl of raw rice or food grade silica gel packets. Both, can help by absorbing moisture from the air, keeping meringue cookies crisp.
This post containsThis post contains Amazon affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love. Learn more about my affiliate policy here.
TO MAKE LILY OF THE VALLEY MERINGUE COOKIES YOU NEED
- Meringue – for step by step directions follow the recipe below
- Find all the tools in my Amazon Shop
- Flower Nail
- Parchment Squares – cut up parchment sheet into squares, don’t use wax paper
- Wilton 115- Large Leaf Tip – for the leaves
- Round Tip #2 for the stems
- Round Tip #3 for the flower
MORE EGG WHITE RECIPES
- Rose Meringue Cookies
- Succulent Meringue Wreath
- Sunflower Meringue Cookies
- Angel Food Cake
- Hydrangea Meringues
- Rainbow Meringue Pretzel Sticks
Lily of The Valley Meringue Cookies
- 4 egg whites from large eggs (120 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar or 2 teaspoon strained lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Wipe the bowl of your mixer and beaters dry with vinegar to remove any grease residue Combine egg whites (4 egg whites), granulated sugar (3/4 cup) and cream of tartar (1teaspoon) in a clean bowl.TIP : If you don't have cream of tartar you can use 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed, strained lemon juice or white distilled vinegar
- Place the bowl over a pot with simmering water. Whisk mixture until sugar is completely dissolved. Rub the mixture between your fingers to check if sugar is dissolved. If mixture is smooth with no grainy feel then sugar is dissolved. Mixture will look soapy, that is okay.
- With either stand mixer or hand held mixer beat the mixture at medium low speed at first, in several minutes increase the speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peaks are formed, this can take 5-10 minutes.
- Beat in Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon) and continue beating till stiff peaks is formed.
PIPE LILY OF THE VALLEY MERINGUE COOKIES
- Fit 3 piping bags with leaf piping tip (#115), round piping tip (#3) and round piping tip (#2).Follow the instruction in the blog post on how to pipe lily of the valley meringue cookies.
BAKE MERINGUE COOKIES
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven at 175F for 2-3 hours. Turn off the oven and allow cookies to cool in the oven, Once oven cools, immediately remove cookies from the oven and store them in an airtight container. TIP : Store meringue cookies with a small bowl or raw rice or food grade silica gel packets to help absorb moisture and to keep meringues crisp.
This post was originally published on February 16th, 2012. On February 15, 2021 I updated this post with step by step photos and written instructions.