Let’s make some chocolate cookies. Be aware they are extremely addictive.
Recipe is adapted from (adapted from LilaLoa)
- 2 sticks room temperature butter 1cup butter =226grams
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 140grams
- 1 cup 200grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbl vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbl almond extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbl espresso powder
- 2/3 cup dark baking cocoa powder 70grams
- 3 cups all purpose flour 430grams
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Beat butter and sugars, for about 2 minutes, until fluffy, scrape down the bowl.
- In a small dish bread the eggs, add extract and whisk until egg are broken up.
- Gradually add egg mixture into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together cocoa powder and coffee powder.
- On low speed add cocoa powder mix, on low speed mix well until combined.
- In a large bowl sift together flour salt and baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mix to the butter mix, on low speed in 3 additions.
- Scrape out all of the cookie dough into a bowl. Knead for 30 seconds until no flour streaks are present. Dough will be soft.
Also I use electric oven, gas oven may act little differently and baking time may vary. Cool cookies completely. Decorate as desired.
Store in the airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze undecorated cookies between pieces of wax paper in a large freeze safe container, for up to 2 months. Decorate cookies as desired with royal icing or other medium that you use.