As it turns out Easter is pretty late this year. It’s not till end of April but that can’t stop me from sharing these Easter Bunny Basket Cookies.
I don’t own a basket cutter and so I made a basket shape from a large ice cream cone cutter. I trimmed the bottom with a bench scrapper.
EASTER BUNNY BASKET COOKIES
Start by dividing bottom/ basket into 3 sections. Then take the template and trace the outlines on a cake with edible marker.
Flood bottom and top basket section with 20 second consistency brown royal icing. Let 2 sections crust and then flood the middle section.
Ice the bunny head with 20 second white icing and let crust.
Make the ears, start with white 20 second icing and then immediately flood the centers with pink. Use the needle to shape the icing while still wet. Let dry.
Apply a small amount of green icing around the face and attach decorating Easter Sprinkles.
Use Pink Color/Petal Dust and dry food paint brush to add color to the cheeks. To create shading on the basket, use brown edible marker.
Using a marker darken the basket grooves. Then with a lightly damp paint brush blend the marker lines in.
Make the rope basket handle with brown royal icing. Outline the ear with piping consistency royal icing.
TO MAKE EASTER BUNNY BASKET COOKIES YOU NEED
- Cookie Recipes : Sugar Cookies, Vegan Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Honey Cookies
- Royal Icing
- Vegan Royal Icing
- Needle Tool
- Cookie Cutter : large ice cream cone cutter, trim the bottom
- Piping bags
- Food Colors : pink, green, brown, super black
- Edible Markers : brown, black(super fine tip)
- Easter Sprinkles
- Mini Heart Sprinkles – nose
- Pink Petal Dust
- Food Paint Brush
ROYAL ICING CONSISTENCIES
- Brown : 20 second consistency
- Brown : stiff
- White : 20 second consistency
- White : piping consistency – outline ears
- Light Pink : 20 second consistency
- Black : 25 second consistency – eyes
Looking for another Easter cookie idea? Here is my Easter Bunny with Carrot Ears.
This post contains amazon affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love. Learn more about my affiliate policy here.