1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper ( if you don’t have white, use black pepper, you can also omit if you don’t want them to be too spicy)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla ( don’t have buttermilk? You can make your own recipe here)
1 1/4 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
– Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C). Line a cupcake pan with 18 liners.
– Using a wooden spoon stir all the ingredient until well incorporated
– Cover the saucepan and let it cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
– After 3 minutes, remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
– Do not stir from this point on, but it is important to carefully shake the pan so that caramel doesn’t burn
– DON’T BE TEMPTED TO TASTE, MIXTURE IS VERY HOT P ! Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. I recommend wearing oven mitts and keep away from the pan. The mixture will bubble up significantly.
– Stir the mixture, again being careful. Add the butter and stir until combined.
– Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool. Caramel can be made a day ahead.
-dissolve espresso powder in 3tbl of heavy cream, set aside