- Wipe the bowl of your mixer with white vinegar and wipe it dry, add egg whites, pinch of salt and beat egg whites until medium soft peaks are formed, add 1/4 cup sugar an beat until firm but not dry peaks are formed, scrape the meringue into a small bowl and set aside
- In the same bowl you made the meringue cream butter with sugar until creamy, 5 minutes
- While your butter is creaming sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a small dish combine together milk and yogurt.
- Add egg yolks to the butter and beat well, add vanilla extract, scrape the bowl and continue beating until smooth and well combined
- On slow speed alternatively add milk mixture and flour, on low speed beat until smooth
- To the batter add about 1/3 of meringue, fold into the batter until smooth, fold in the remaining meringue
- Fill the prepared muffin pan, about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the muffin pan and cool the cupcakes on the cooling rack
- In a bowl of your mixer beat room temperature butter until smooth, gradually add powdered sugar and salt. Beat until smooth, gradually add water and then add vanilla.
- Color frosting with desired colors.
- If icing gets little soft while piping you can place it in the fridge to firm up.
Wilton Decorating Tip-#125Large Flower Petal
12 Inch Disposable Pastry Bag, 100 Bags
AmeriColor Student Soft Gel Paste Food Color 12 Pack Kit
- Divide icing, color one part light pink, and rest with dark pink.
- Marble icing: lightly stir two icings together, just until you can still see streaks of dark pink in the icing.
- Fit the piping bag with the petal tip.
- Fill the bag with icing.
- Frost the cupcakes: watch me frost the cupcakes in my video tutorial : Pretty Ruffle Cupcakes Video Tutorial
Pretty Ruffle Cupcakes Video Tutorial
More Amazing Cupcakes!
Check out all the Cupcake Fun.
Visit all 21 Cupcake Displays by clicking on the links below.
Bella Cupcake Couture
Chronicles of a Foodie
Crazy for Crust
Cupcakes Take the Cake
Diary of a Mad Hausfrau
Eat Your Heart Out
In Katrina's Kitchen
Inside BruCrew Life
Love From the Oven
Make Bake Celebrate
Not Just a Mommy
Sugar Swings! Serve Some
The Baked Equation
The Baking Cup
The Decorated Cookie
GIVEAWAY - CLOSED
Thanks to our amazing Prize Pack sponsors for their generous donations! Please, visit their websites to see more of their fabulous products!
Contest opens on May 21st, 2013 at 07:00 PST and closes on May 27th 2013 at 23:59 PST.
One winner will be chosen and announced within 24 hours of the contest ending.
Winner will be contacted via email to claim their prize.
This contest is open to residents of the USA and Europe only.