- Bake the bear shape cookie, any bear cutter will work.
- Color icing with different colorings.
- Color a little bit with black food coloring as well for the eyes, I use dark cocoa powder and black food coloring to color my black icing.
- Reserve thicker icing from each color, and then thin rest of royal icing to about 10 second consistency.
- Pipe an outline onto a cookie with a 10 second icing
- Then pipe or spoon some of the 10 second icing onto the cookie and using a brush spread it around into a thin layer.Let dry. If needed wipe the brush in paper towel.
- Using a crumbled piece of plastic wrap, dip it in a thicker consistency icing you reserved earlier, using the same color you used for initial coat of icing and dab it all over the cookie.
- Let dry.
- Make a piping guide using a food pen for the muzzle. Fill it with icing, let dry.
- At the same time you make the muzzle you can pipe little heart on the cookie.
- Once the muzzle is dry, using a black food pen, draw mouth.
- Using black royal icing add small eyes.
- Let dry and enjoy.
- To see in action how these cookie are made, you can also visit my video tutorial : Teddy Bear Cookies , How to make textured finish using a crumbled plastic wrap.
|Felt Bears tutorial and template from Canadian Living|
|Outline and pipe some icing onto the cookie then using a brush spread into a thin layer|
|Let the icing dry|