I used a gingerbread cookie dough for building houses and other centerpieces
Pick a template right for you
- I picked a free template online and then I resized the whole image into my liking and then I made simple plastic cookie templates that I used to hand cut my cookies.
- I made them about 5.5cm by 6.5cm, (2.3"x2.6")
- I used this bird house template, from Torrie Jane Blog
|I used a mini leaf cutter to make a holly leaf.|
- Flood all the cookies with white, or light ivory.Let dry.
- Using forest green and leaf green color your icing.
- Pipe pine branches randomly onto the front, back and sides.Let dry.
- Using brown icing pipe dots and short lines to create pine cone shape. Let dry.
- To decorate the roof, use white icing, pipe the classic roof shingles pattern, while still icing is wet, sprinkle coarse sugar on top.
- Let all the cookie part dry before assembling the house.
- Use stiff royal icing to glue the pieces together. I usually start with the front and sides, adding the back of the house last. Then I tend to wait until icing dries and then I add the roof pieces.
|White is always beautiful.|
|Pipe random pine branches.|
|Add pine cones.|
Gingerbread Bird House Video Tutorial
Linking to Tidy Mom - I'm Lovin' it.