To make the Bird Gingerbread house I used the gingerbread cookie dough for building houses and other centerpieces
- Using a clean brush and a little bit of flood consistency royal icing. Brush some icing onto a plain undecorated cookie. Apply icing thinly.
- Immediately( brushed icing will be drying pretty fast) take a tooth pick or use pointy tip of a boo boo stick. Draw small stars, snowflake like patterns onto the freshly brushed icing.No worries these don't have to be perfect.
- Let the icing dry for a couple of minutes.
- Then continue with flooding the cookie as shown below.
- Once finished your window will have a frosted look.
- Use the frosted window cookie in your Gingerbread Bird House Construction for a wintery look.
You can find additional Tutorial on constructing your own Gingerbread Bird House, just follow the links below.
Gingerbread Bird House Tutorial
How to make a Snowy Roof on your Gingerbread Bird House