If you are looking for better-for-you snacks to serve at your Halloween party this year, try these fun and mildly scary Vampire Apple Teeth. Dress up apple slices in peanut butter dip, marshmallows, and jam for a bloody experience.
updated from 2013
HOW TO MAKE VAMPIRE APPLE TEETH SNACKS
Vampire/ Dracula teeth apples are super easy to prepare. First you need to make peanut butter dip/spread, cut up tart, firm apples, soak them in lemon water and then assemble vampire lips using marshmallows for the teeth. It all takes 10 minutes tops.
Here are the ingredients for peanut butter dip/spread:
- Peanut Butter (you can substitute almond butter)
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
And these are the ingredients for Dracula Apple Teeth:
- Peanut Butter Dip/Spread
- Mini Marshmallows
- Raspberry/Strawberry Jam
PREPARE PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD
Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Wash firm, tart apples and slice them into about ½ inch slices. Soak slices in lemon water for 5 minutes. Then drain apple slices on a paper towel. Pat dry apple slices before assembling apple teeth (steps 1-5).
ASSEMPLE VAMPIRE APPLE TEETH
To assemble apple teeth, spread peanut butter dip on all the apple slices. Push a row of mini marshmallows into the peanut, on half of the slices. If you want a bloody tooth, dip one marshmallow in the red-colored jam before you arrange it onto an apple slice (steps 3-4). Lastly, sandwich slices together (steps 7-8).
MORE FUN HALLOWEEN TREATS
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits via Life in the Loft House
- Monster Eye Surprise Cake for Halloween
- Candy Corn Marshmallows
Vampire Apple Teeth
VAMPIRE APPLE TEETH
Peanut Butter Spread/Dip
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (140grams)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (125grams)
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (55 grams to 110grams)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- mini marshmallows
- raspberry/strawberry jam
- 3 firm, tart apples
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
Peanut Butter Spread/Dip
- Beat cream cheese (1/2 cup, 125grams) until smooth, then beat in creamy peanut butter (1 cup, 140 grams) then gradually beat in brown sugar (1/4 cup to 1/2 cup, 55grams to 110 grams) and Vanilla Extract. Beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Prepare Apple Slices
- Stir fresh lemon juice (from one large lemon) into the water (4 cups). Wash and core apples (3 large apples). Slide apples into about 1/4-inch to 3/8-inch thick slices. Place apple slices into the lemon water and let sit for 5-10 minutes.Drain apples, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Spread peanut butter spread onto each apple slice. Arrange mini marshmallows in one row on half of the apple slices. For a bloody tooth, dip a marshmallow into raspberry or strawberry jam before pushing it into the peanut butter spread.Sandwich two apple slices.
- Can I use Almond Butter instead of Peanut Butter? – Yes, you can.
This post was originally published on October 10, 2013. On October 13th, 2022 I updated this post with step-by-step pictures, written text and a video.