Today I’m going to show you my latest cake, made for the 1st Birthday Celebration.
Customer emailed me an invitation and so I based my cake design around it. I decided to stir away from the traditional 3 dimensional ladybug cake and I created this cake instead:
- 1:1(gumpaste:fondant), I used 2 basic cutter to cut out about 200 flowers
- Centers are brushed with Leaf Green Luster Dust
- Using tweezers, Sugar Pearl is attached with a dot of royal icing
- Velvet Pound Cake or Chocolate Chip Pound Cake- as is filles 2 6 inch pans(double this recipe-fills 9 +6 inch or 2- 8inch round pans)
- Marshmallow Fondant
- Swiss Buttercream
- Simple Cake Syrup – 3 parts water, 1 Part Sugar(for example 3 cups
water, 1 cup sugar, combine in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stir
until sugar is dissolved, bring to boil, brush the sides of the pan with
water and let for boil for couple of minutes, longer you boil the
syrup, thicker it will be, boil for about 3-4 minutes maximum. Remove
from heat and let cool to room temperature. Add 1/2tsp of vanilla
extract, 1/4tsp almond extract and 1/8tsp lemon extract, stir well. Pour
syrup into an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to
use. Bring to room temperature before using.
- I attached flowers using dots of royal icing
- Ladybug and Borders were made using marshmallow fondant
- Remaining details were piped using royal icing.
This is a smash cake I made. It is a Sponge Cake with Swiss Buttercream
Sophie Ladybug Cake