Just the other day I bought some gingham paper plates and it got me thinking that in fact I haven't tried gingham on cookies using a stencil. I usually paint the pattern with a brush so I decided to make a simple stencil from a piece of paper (if you remember I made a similar template for my Bridal Shower Calendar cookies few years back) and I used Wilton Red Color Mist for a super easy decorating.
To Make Gingham Baby Onesie Cookies you need:
Paper Gingham template
- Using white 15 second royal icing, ice 2 sections of the onesie cookie, let dry.
- Using a gingham template, position template onto the cookie and spray with Red Mist Spray, carefully lift the template let the cookie dry for a few minutes and then reposition template and spray again to achieve gingham design.
- Fill the remaining area on the cookie with white 15 second icing.Let dry.
- To make the flowers: using white icing pipe little tear drop shapes in a circle. Let crust slightly, for about 5 minutes.Then pipe a yellow dot in the center to finish the flower.
- Using red - 15 second icing, pipe a large red dot onto the cookie, immediately pipe small dots onto the red dot using black icing Let red dot crust over for 5 minutes then pipe a small black dot for the ladybug head.
- Using a food pan draw dashes line onto the cookie. Let dry.
Aren't they super cute!?
More Gingham Cookies
Gingham Picnic Cookies by Munchkin Munchies
Gingham Cookies by Glorious Treats
Picnic Gingham Cookies by Bubble and Sweet