- Process flour, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt and sugar. Add chilled butter and process until roughly combined. Add milk mixed with apple cider vinegar, process just until coarse mixture is formed. Gather dough together, wrap in a clear plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar, add honey and molasses, spices, orange zest and pumpkin puree and flour. Stir in chocolate and crystallized ginger, set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half into a thin layer, between 2 pieces of parchment paper, dust with little bit of flour as needed.
- Cut our as many round as you can, you can reroll the dough, gather the scraps(don’t knead them) and re-roll as needed. I used 3 inch round cutter.
- Brush edges of each round with egg wash. Drop about 1/2 tbl of pumpkin filling in the center of each round. Top it with another round, and press the edges down. Using a fork to create a seam around. If desired use left over dough to make decorative leaves on the top.
- Preheat oven to 395F.
- Brush each hand pie with egg wash, make a cut or poke holes through the top layer of the pie. Sprinkle raw or coarse sugar on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Here are more delicious pumpkin inspired treats: