Pumpkin Spice Meringue Cake with Ganache Cream Filling
Meringue Layers (makes 3 layers)
5egg whites, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbl cornstarch
1tsp pumpkin pie spice(if you don't have pumpkin spice, use 1/2tsp + 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp ginger 1/8 tsp nutmeg)
1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, chopped
10inch x 4 inch template
large round pastry tip
orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Onto the parchment paper, trace the template(10x4) 3 times. I used a large cookies sheet so I fit all 3 on there.
- Flip the parchment and position it onto the cookie sheet. Set aside
- Make sure the bowl of your mixer is grease free. Wipe it dry with white distilled vinegar if needed.
- Add egg whites into the clean bowl, beat egg whites on high, until soft peaks are formed, gradually add sugar and beat until stiff yet glossy peaks are formed.
- Beat in cornstarch.
- Add food coloring, whip until evenly distributed.
- Add spice, beat just until combined.
- Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Fit the pastry bag with large round pastry tip, fill the bag with meringue.
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared parchment paper, following the rectangular patterns you prepared before.
- You can play with the top layer of meringue and make a bit more decorative and fun. I piped little meringue kisses instead of straight lines.
- Bake at 275F for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the meringue layers in the oven until it cools down completely.
- If not using the same day, store meringue layers between layers of wax paper, in a large airtight container.
1/2 cup chocolate chips(dark or bittersweet)
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate into bowl.Set aside
- Heat heavy cream, until bubbles start to form.
- Pour cream over chocolate. Cover the bowl with clean dry towel, towel is not to touch the cream or chocolate and a put a plate on top of it, let sit for 3 minutes.
- Stir chocolate ganache until smooth. Set aside, let cool to room temperature.
3tbl granulated sugar
1 1/2tsp gelatin
1 1/2 tbl cold water
1 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- In a small dish, add cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top, let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Using a microwave heat bloomed gelatin for 5 seconds, it should be dissolved after 5 seconds, if not heat it a little more but be careful not to overheat gelatin. Let the dissolved gelatin cool to room temperature, stirring frequently.
- In a clean bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks are formed, add dissolved gelatin, beat in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon beat until stiff, don't over beat.
|10inch x 4 inch template|
|Sample Image, your meringue will be orange.|
Using a marbeling technique pipe the filling onto the baked meringue layers. Stack the meringues on top of each other. Enjoy.
|This is to show you how to achieve marbled frosting. For the Pumpkin Spice Meringue cake : red filling is your chocolate ganache and white filling is your cinnamon cream filling|
I'm Lovin' it