Haniela's Birthday Post Includes:
Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/4tsp +1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbl Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla - 8 oz.
1/2cup full fat sour cream
* I always use cake flour, I tried using substitutions but I doesn't work for me.
Preheat oven to 330 F
Line the muffins pans with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, sift together, flour, baking powder and salt.
Using your stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter with sugars for 5 minutes or so, add sour cream, gradually and beat until smooth.
On medium speed alternatively add flour and one egg at a time. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract . Beat just until combined. Fold in flour coated mini chocolate chips.
Pour the cake batter into a prepared muffin pan.
Bake at 330F for about 18 -20 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
I love butterflies and so I decided to add a little butterfly flare to my chocolate chip cupcakes. Mini Cookie on a stick or Cookie Pop.
You can use any cookie recipes that you like, or pick from my collection of roll out cookie recipes recipes
When making cookies on sticks, I find that thickness of the cookie dough is really important, you want the cookie to be thick enough to be able to insert the cookie stick but you don't want it to be too too thick.
- I find that stacking 3 standard painter's sticks together creates a perfect thickness for cookies on the stick.Stick is easily inserted into the cookie without having to worry about tearing the cookie dough.
- I wrapped the sticks with a food plastic wrap or you can glue them together and wrap them in food grade plastic wrap.
- once you are ready to proceed, simply place you cookie dough between two single or stacked painter's sticks, place the parchment paper on the top and using your rolling pin roll the cookie dough, keep in mind that your rolling pin must be standing on the painter's stick to maintain the same thickness of the cookie dough throughout. Cut out cookies.Space them out on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Insert a cookie stick, gently using a rotating motion
- Bake at temperature provided with the cookie recipe, keep in mind that thicker cookies may take longer to bake, that being said, smaller cookies take less time to bake. I baked mine for approximately 9 minutes.
- Decorate with your favorite icing. I used Royal Icing.
- More on Cookie Decorating can be found under Tutorials