I'm sure there is no need to introduce - The Very Hungry Caterpillar Children's Book. Book sold over 30 million copies worldwide and it was translated into over 50 languages. I bet Eric Carle had no idea that in 2013 we'll still be celebrating his illustrations, using them to create cookies...
To make the cookies you need:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Americolor Food Colorings : royal blue, super red, lemon yellow, orange, leaf green, brown, black
15 second consistency royal icing : white, light leaf green, dark leaf green, royal blue with touch of leaf green, yellow, red, orange, light brown
piping consistency : white, orange, yellow, light brown, red
Gourmet Food Writer Edible Color Markers ,Yellow Marker
Onesie Cookie Cutter
Needle Tool or toothpicks
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Onesie Cookies - VIDEO TUTORIAL
- First flood the cookies, let the icing dry.
- Take the stencil and using a needle tool or a food market, transfer the caterpillar outline onto the cookie.
- Using the outline as your guide, start piping, alternating colors : dark green, light green, blue, until you are done with the body of the caterpillar.
- Then pipe the red head.
- Let the icing dry.
- At this time you can pipe the sun.
- And also add details, like eyes.
- Using yellow food marker, draw a line just on the edge of the back of the caterpillar.
- Follow with piping short lines using red icing.
- Then finish with piping legs.
Simple Paper Stencil.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cookie Video Tutorial