|My mom sent me this white napkin with green crochet border. She finds the cutest stuff for my photos.|
Crunchy Egg White Walnut Cookies
5 egg whites
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4cup all purpose flour
1 cup walnuts
1tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Grease Rehrucken Moravian Loaf Pan/Ribbed Loaf Pan(from BakeDeco) or you can also use traditional loaf pan.
- Beat egg whites with pinch of salt until soft peaks are formed, gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until stiff and shiny peaks are formed.
- Sift in flour and fold it into the egg whites.
- Then fold in walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Once baked, wrap the cake still in the loaf pan in the aluminum foil(this will help to soften walnuts a little and will make it easier to cut bread into thin slices). Let rest wrapped in the foil for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unmold cake onto a work surface and using a sharp knife cut the loaf into thin slices.
- Spread the slices onto a baking sheet and baked at 300F, for about 15-20 minutes, until dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
- These are absolutely fantastic plain, or with coffee and tea.