Cauliflower and Pea Soup(6 servings)
1 Cauliflower head, washed and separated into small florets
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced/chopped
1medium onion, chopped finely
2 medium size potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Peel, chop, slice, prepare all the vegetables.
- In a medium size pot, heat oil and melt butter, add onion and sautee for several minutes until translucent. Remove from heat let cool for 1 minute, stir in 1tsp red paprika.
- Add all the vegetables except peas. Dust vegetables with flour and stir well, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes stirring without adding water. Then add 5 cups water, or depending how thick or thin you want your soup. I like a thick soup so I added only 6 cups, if desired you can add more liquid, you can also use chicken stock/chicken broth in combination with water.
- Bring to simmer and cook until vegetables are almost cooked through. Cover the pot with lid.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare dumpling batter, in a small bowl : whisk together 2 eggs with pinch of salt, until frothy, add prosciutto, semolina flour, chopped parsley and pinch of baking soda.
- When your vegetables are fork tender, you can add peas, cook for few more minutes. Now is time to make the dumplings.
- You can do this in a separate pot, fill the pot with water, add some salt to season the water, and bring the water to boil, drop the dumpling batter into the boiling water by teaspoons(or larger if you want). Simmer, dumplings will be cooked in no time, they will start floating on the top, scoop them out and reserve them in separate dish. OR you can cook them directly in the soup, right after you added peas. Stir in soy sauce.
- Enjoy soup with dumplings.