60 Minute Dinner Rolls, Hamburger Rolls
Time is running out and you are in the need of some dinner rolls or hamburger buns? Try these super easy homemade rolls. Ready steady go! 60minutes later…freshly baked rolls are in the bread basket on a table. Dinner is about to start.
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tbl honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flourEgg wash: one egg, beaten with 1tbl water
- In a small bowl stir honey, warm water and yeast, let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- To flour mixture add yeast mixture, egg, oil. Knead for 5 minutes until dough gathers around the hook.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Divide into equal portions. Form buns.
- Using kitchen shears make cuts along the outer side of the bun. Put the buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cover with damp paper towel. Let rise for 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Use small pretzel sticks as stems to make the pumpkin shaped buns.