This year I decided to make something different. Santa Garland came to mind.
- When using cookies for garlands, I'd suggest you roll out the cookie dough a little thinner than usual, so the garland once hanged is not too heavy. You can leave cookies baking a bit longer so they are little harder and sturdier.
- Don't forget to make a little hole in the cookie,using a drinking straw, not too close to the edge though. You can do this before you bake the cookies or right after you take them out of the oven.
- Decorate cookies with royal icing. Royal icing dries hard and is quite durable.
- Once icing has dried you can thread a decorative ribbon through and hang the garland above the door, in the hall way, in the window.
Baked cookies with holes
Gel Food coloring
Sparkling Sanding Sugar
Food Grade Coloring Pens by Global Sugar Art
- Flood the cookies.
- Wait till the hat and the beard part is dry.
- Then flood the white part of the hat and dip or sprinkle white nonpareils on the top. Let dry.
- Pipe moustache and add facial details with food pens
- Pipe white border the beard and face, sprinkle border with sparkling sugar.
- Let dry completely.