I've been falling for simple cookie shapes recently; one of the last years designs that I've never got to make was a door design. It is quite simple and once finished it makes for a nice little gift, addition to a cookie tray and it can hold its own too.
Making Door Cookies
- rectangle shape cookies(I made delicious chocolate cookies by LilaLoa), flooded with icing as shown
- royal icing- outline consistency to pipe details
- sprinkles for the garland
- small brush (clean one, not previously used for acrylic paint)
- blue gel food coloring- Karen's Cookies
- paper towel
- Decorated Cookies Tutorials
Use water to control color intensity but make sure to wipe the excess water into the paper towel each time you dip it in water.
Then once painted I added a white boarder-trim to the windows for a finished look.
Funny thing, I gave the cookie below to a friend(though her front door is white) and she said :"You know I'd always wanted to painted them RED."