On the other hand I wanted to make homemade crackers way longer than I’ve been blogging.
It is done. I’ll eat crackers for lunch. And I did. Totally worth it though.
1/2tsp kosher salt for sprinkling
- Using food processor, blend together flour, salt, yeast. Add rosemary and prosciutto, pulsing until there are fine pieces of rosemary and ham left.
- Dissolve baker’s amonia in 2tbl cold milk.
- Stir together remaining milk and olive oil.
- Sprinkle baker’s ammonia mixture over the flour mixture.
- In one continuous flow add olive oil milk mixture into the dry, pulsing the food processor until the dough resembles pea size chunks.
- Gather dough together and form a ball.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 385F
- Roll out the dough thinly onto a cutting board, using a fluted wheel cut even rectangles, squares etc.
- This dough is pretty easy to work with, it doesn’t stick much.
- Place crackers onto a parchment lined baking sheet. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until edges start to get slightly golden brown.
- Remove sheet from the oven and flip the crackers. Bake for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store in the airtight container for up to a week.
|You can cut any shapes you like|
|Sprinkle with salt|
Delicious Homemade Rosemary Prosciutto Crackers