Roasted Herbed Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli(serves 6 people as a side dish, as main dish I’d say 4 people)
2 large sweet potatoes
2 to 3 large broccoli heads,
3 tbl olive oil
1tsp kosher salt
1/4tsp freshly ground pepper
1tsp dry thyme
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheese(optional)
- Preheat oven to 395F
- Scrub sweet potatoes well, cut each potato into about 3/4 inch rounds, and then quarter all the rounds.
- Wash broccoli well, separate florets.
- Very lightly oil baking sheet with olive oil, or line the sheet with parchment paper if you wish.
- Spread broccoli and sweet potato onto a baking sheet.
- In a small dish combine olive oil, thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour olive oil mixture onto the broccoli and potatoes, using your hands (best helper of any cook) stir to coat the vegetables with oil, thyme and salt. If needed season with more salt or pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and stir in thinly sliced garlic and roast for additional 5-10 minutes, until potatoes are fork soft.
- If desired sprinkled cheese on top and serve.