I don’t know about you but with the Spring around the corner I feel the need to eat more healthier and fresher meals. I believe that what we eat have an enormous impact on our health and even our mood(yes it does), though I skip a meal or two occasionally and I know it is really bad for me in general I try to eat healthy.
I love a good fresh sandwich and today I’m going to tell you how to make a super easy and really tasty sandwich full of fun flavors and boosting nutrients and I promise you, you won’t miss the real mayonnaise in this sandwich at all.
Avocado and Egg Sandwich (4 sandwiches)
8 slices of bread, preferably whole wheat
1/2cup Greek yogurt (I use plain fat free Chobani)
1 tsp mustard
2tbl freshly chopped parsley or chives
lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
1 to 2 tomatoes, depends on the size
few kale or cabbage leaves. Cleaned, especially kale leaves can have dirt on them so make sure you wash them in water
salt, pepper, sweet paprika as needed
- Fill the pot with water add eggs and bring water to boil.Cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes Once cooked, cool eggs in cold water, once cooled peel the eggs, using a an egg slicer slice/cube the eggs into a medium size bowl, set aside. What you do is slice the eggs in one direction and then slice it in another direction.
- While eggs are cooking prepare yogurt dressing, in a small dish combine yogurt, parsley, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper and sweet paprika, set aside
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Have lemon juice ready and a small dish. Slice the avocado, put slices into the dish and drizzle lemon juice on top, making sure lemon juice is evenly distributed. Lemon juice will keep avocado turning brown
- Slice the tomato
- Add yogurt dressing into the egg mixtures and stir gently until well combined, season to taste
- Make Sandwiches: layer kale or cabbage leaves on a toasted bread add one layer of tomatoes, egg mixture and freshly sliced avocados on top, put another piece of toasted bread on top and press slightly, cut the sandwich in half, enjoy.