I was feeling crafty and made my first cookie pop stand. I’m loving how easy it was to make and I can reuse it for so many occasions. I have another in works, in different colors, something more masculine.
To make a cookie pop stand you need:
piece of wood, I used a plank 13 x 9 inch 1.5inch thick
hand sander, sanding papers
primer, paint, brushes, pick what ever colors you want
drill, drill bit
- First I sanded the wood, made the edges little rounder and smoother, dust the piece with a piece cloth to remove sand dust.
- You can now abuse the piece a little with chain, screwdriver and such(optional, good anger management therapy as well, that is if you are angry)
- Paint with primer, let dry. Sand a little. Dust with the cloth.
- I painted the whole piece with black paint, 3 coats. Sand lightly between coats.
- Then I made a template, spacing out the holes 4 inches apart horizontally and then 2 inches in between the rows, making 18 holes.
- Use a nail and a hammer to transfer hole marks onto the wood plank.
- Using a drill and an appropriate drill bit size(find a drill bill – closest match to the diameter of lollipop sticks),drill the holes. I used a standard sewing bobbin for the sleeve to make the holes even depth.
- I painted the piece wit a contrasting color to my black base. I did 2 coats, sanding lightly between. Be careful so you don’t get a lot of paint into the holes.
- Once the top coat was dry I sanded the piece around the edges to give it a light distressed look.
- Paint with a layer or waterbase poly.
- You can decorate your cookie pop stand with a pretty ribbon, simply attach ribbon onto the stand using double sided tape. Replace ribbon for different occasions.
You can add a little flare to the stand using a ribbon or pretty flowers.
This is what the Cookie Pop Stand looks like with cookie pops. Pretty isn’t it?