More details about the cake:
Velvet Vanilla Pound Cake
Swiss Buttercream -filling
Crusting Buttercream(recipe below)-outside of the cake
Rice Krispies for sculpting (recipe below)- little football
Food Coloring: leaf green, black, brown, pink
Crusting Buttercream - to frost the outside of the cake
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup crisco shortening
1 pound / about 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1tsp clear vanilla extract
1tsp butter flavor
1tsp vanilla extract, regular kind, no substitutes
- Cream butter and crisco on low speed until combined and smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and water.
- Add extracts and beat just until well combined. Don't over mix.
- Use to cover cake, instead of fondant.
- Chill the frosted cake for 15-30 minutes,(check the frosting after 15 minutes, if it hasn't crusted yet, chill if for a bit longer) then using a texture free paper towel (VIVA) smooth the frosting gently with your hand.
Rice Krispies for Sculpting - to make small football
1/2 + 2tbl cup mini marshmallows
1/2cup rice krispie
- Place marshmallows into a microwavable bowl. ,melt the marshmallows in microwave, don't over heat.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal and stir until well combined.
- Let cool slightly.
- Form the football shape. Let cool.
- Smooth some royal icing on the football.
- Cover with brown fondant.Add details. Set finished football aside.
Bellow you'll find several pictures of the process. Enjoy.
|Frosted with Swiss Buttercream|
|Frosted with final Crusting Buttercream|
|Attach football with some royal icing.|
|Casper scores the TOUCH DOWN|