one pie crust/oil pie crust recipe
1cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
lemon zest of one lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup oats(optional)
raw sugar, like Turbinado
1egg to make the egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350F
- roll the pie dough and line 4 small tart pans with removable bottoms with the dough, pressing the dough with your fingers up the sides of the pan
- chill until firm, pierce the crust base with fork to prevent forming of bubbles, place small tarts onto the baking sheet, it is easier to manoeuvre small tarts using a baking sheet
- par bake the tarts(this is also called blind baking) line the unbaked tarts with parchment paper weighted down with some uncooked rice, See excellent tutorial on blind baking
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the parchment paper and rice and brush the crust with egg wash and bake for additional 5 minutes, brushing the crust with egg wash helps to create a layer that stops the pie crust getting all soggy if wet filling is used.
- Remove tarts from the oven and let cool to room temperature before filling the tarts
- While your tarts are cooling, combine together mascarpone cheese, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar/honey, cinnamon and one whole egg, whisk together until well combined, set aside
- Once tarts are cooled fill the tarts, sprinkle some oats at the bottom(optional), spread generous amount of mascarpone filling, decorate the tops with raspberries and sprinkle with some raw sugar
- Bake tarts for 15-20 minutes until centers are set
- Remove from the oven let cool
- Remove tarts from their shells, enjoy.
- These can be also stored in the fridge.
Delicious Raspberry Lemon Mascarpone Tart.