- Peel potatoes into a cold water, using a hand held grater or a food processor shredding plates, grate potatoes into 3 different sizes: fine, coarse and small thin slices. 1/2 potatoes fine shredding, 1/4 potatoes coarse and remaining part into a very thin slices.
- Put potatoes into clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the potatoes.
- Combine shredded potatoes in a large bowl, add eggs, flour, salt, pepper, paprika, cloves and marjoram. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat 3tbl oil in the medium size skillet, once oil is hot, carefully drop tablespoon of potato batter onto the skillet, using the spoon to flat it out a little to create a pancake. Cook 4-5 minute, or until golden brown. Flip on the other side and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Transfer freshly cooked pancake onto a plate with a piece of paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Continue cooking and stacking pancake on top of each other layering them with paper towel.You will need to add oil to the pan as you cook these.
- Once cooked, remove paper towels and serve immediately.
- I’ve also had these next day after they were baked, just heat them in the microwave or even better would be a broiler, just heat them up until crispy and enjoy.
- If desired you can serve these with some sour cream.
|Taking pictures at dark is frustrating, without natural light, but I try.|