Lego movie is coming out soon. Bird's Party had a brilliant idea for the Blog Hop Party and she invited me to take part in Lego Inspired Party Blog Hop. I was thrilled. I love Lego.
I made Lego Bricks Pinata Cookies. Simple and super cute cookies with a colorful surprise inside.
To make Lego Bricks Pinata Cookies you need:
Royal Icing Recipe
Americolor Gel Food Colorings
Sugar Cookie Dough : divided into 4 portions
Portions colored : red, blue, green, yellow
Rectangle cookies cutter
Super Mini Round Cookie Cutter
Mini M&M Candies
Royal Icing colored with red, green, blue and yellow
- Start by making the sugar cookie dough, divide dough into 4 equal portions. Color each portion with different color. Chill.
- Roll each dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper, into about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out large rectangles. (3 rectangles per Lego brick). Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll piece of each dough into about 1/8 inch thick, using mini round cutter cut out 6 rounds pre Lego brick. Distribute small rounds on top of the large rectangle cookie. Chill.
- Bake as directed by Sugar Cookie Recipe.
- Once baked, and while cookies are still hot, take small rectangle cookie cutter and cut out center from one of 2 rectangles (keep the one with small rounds on the top as is). Let cookies cool completely.
- To assemble bricks, use matching royal icing to cookie color so there is no show through. Stack rectangle with cutout on top of the full rectangle cookies. Fill cavity with small candies. and close the cavity with "lid" rectangle with small rounds on the top.
- Let icing glue harden. Enjoy the cookies.
Are you ready for more Lego Fun? Here are all the cute ideas. You can check them all out below.
Lego Bricks Pinata Cookies by Haniela's
Lego Pinatas by Bird's Party
Lego Favor Bags by Crissy's Crafts
Lego " Minute to Win It" Party Games by Play.Party.Pin.
Lego Candy Buffet by CandyGalaxy.com
Lego Cupcake Toppers by Frog Prince Cake & Cookies Design