They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I 100% agree. It’s time to make delicious breakfast cookies.
To make breakfast cookies you need :
Cookie Cutters: coffee mug, bacon, egg (you can also use a mishaped round cutter), heart
Food colors : yellow, ivory, red, brown, pink, black, fuschia, orange
airbrush colors – orange
star piping tip
Royal Icing Consistencies
Waffle – all colors are 15 second consistency except the final outline, that is piping consistency
Egg – white is 15 second consistency, yellow is 20 second consistency
Bacon – all colors are 15 second consistency
Coffee mug – white and black are 15 second consistency, white swirl is stiff royal icing
- Egg yolk is made as Royal Icing Transfer.
- I piped the yellow rounds on a piece of wax paper and let them dry.
- Then I airbrushed the left edge with orange airbrush coloring.
- You can then peel off the wax paper and attach the yolk onto the white base to make an egg.
Bacon can seem daunting to make and so if this is the case for you, try decorating a piece of wax paper first. It never hurts to have a rehearsal before the premiere.
Here is the list of colors I used to decorate the bacon
- Darkest redish tone was achieved by adding a little bit of fuschia and a touch of brown to red royal icing.
- Light pinkish tone is basically pink with a touch of ivory to mute it down a bit.
- Medium red is light colored red icing with a touch of ivory.
- I also used white royal icing.
To pipe with a star tip icing has to be somewhat thick, if you find that icing is too fluid, you can try adding little bit of sifted powdered sugar to it.
Waffle cookie is really easy to make and it was my favorite to do.
- I used wet on wet technique to create the grid and the brown shading and then I piped the main, slightly raised grid on the top.
- Chocolate syrup is piped after the base has crusted well.
- Wait about 20 -30 minutes before adding the butter.
Here is the list of colors I used to make the waffle
- 1st and base layer : ivory, yellow and a touch of brown
- Grid is light tan.
- Shading is light brown.
- Main and raised grid is the same color combo as 1st layer except I added a tough more yellow to it.
- Chocolate syrup is basically brown food coloring.
- Butter color consists of yellow a sublime amount of orange.
Check out my video how to make perfect Breakfast Cookies