Giant cupcake silicone mold is no longer hiding in the corner. I had bought this pan few years but never got a change to bake with it. So today my friends we are going to make super yummy Starbucks inspired Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly zested nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz canne pumpkin puree or use homemade
- 1 to 2 tbl espresso powder instant
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare baking pans, by spraying them with non stick spray, set aside.
- Sift together flour, spices, salt, baking agents,stir in espresso powder
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until pale in color and fluffy. Beat in vanilla
- On low, beat in flour alternating with pumpkin puree.
- Give the cake batter a last stir with a spatula and divide between the 2 set cupcake pan.
- Bake in the preheat oven, at 350F for an hour or so, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make sure to place the baking pan on a flat baking sheet, for easier handling. Silicone molds are flexible and handling them too much can be difficult especially when they are filled with the cake batter. Baking sheet underneath helps with this problem.
- Once baked, let them cool on the pan for 30 minutes, then loosen the edges of the mold by gently pulling them apart. Unmold the cakes and let them cool completely.
- Follow the instructions in the video on how to trim and fill the cake.
To make the Chocolate Shell you need:
White Chocolate Candy Melts
spatula, spoon to spread the chocolate
Melt the chocolate candy melts, then proceed by coating inside of the mold bottom and the sides. Let it set in the fridge for 15 minutes or so. Then repeat with another layer and chill until firm. Then unmold the chocolate shell from the silicone mold. Nest it in the silicone mold while you fill the cake to prevent outside of the chocolate getting messy from the filling, cake crumbs.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbl espresso powder
- 1 package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbl cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Boil the sugar and water, until sugar is dissolved, boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add coffee, stir, let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, gradually add whipping cream, beating well, until stiff peaks are formed, use a wire beater to make this filling. Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Filling can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Stir gelatin and cold water, let sit/bloom for 5 minutes. Microwave for 8 seconds until gelatin is completely dissolved and no longer grainy when mixture is rubbed between fingers. Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks are formed, gradually, beating on high speed, pour in dissolved and cooled gelatin. Then add sugar and a vanilla.
- Fill the piping bag with the cream and decorate the cupcake.
- Cake can be made up to 3 days ahead, stored in the refrigerator.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
- Decorations Starbucks Logo you need : edible image sheet with the Starbucks logo, fondant, round cutter, small brush Drinking Straw you need : drinking straw, green fondant, brush and little bit of water, corn suryp Follow video instructions on how to create these decorations.
Here is another fun Starbucks inspired idea : Peppermint Mocha Cakes in Edible Red Cup