How about some mini Ghost Cakes for your Halloween Party? They are cute, easy to make and taste yummy too. I used a Wilton Cake Pop pan to bake the cakes. You can use your favorite cake recipe or even use a boxed mix.
To make Mini Ghost Cake you need
Wilton Cake Pan pan
Frosting, use what you like. Recipe I used is below.
Fondant ( Mini Batch Marshmallow Fondant Recipe, can be doubled)
Gum Paste (optional)- recipe
Ateco Plain Round Cutter Set (4inch round cookie cutter)
MASTER Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit
Airbrush Colors (Black, Yellow, Orange Airbrush Colors)
Black Sugar Pearls
Piping bag, small star or round tip
Small Paper Liners from Bake it Pretty
small painter's brush, water
- Bake the cakes. I set my oven to 350F and baked them for 12 -15 minutes. Let the cakes cool.
- Prepare frosting.
- Make little opening at the bottom of the cake, using a drinking straw.
- Fill the piping bag fitted with a small round /star tip with frosting. Fill the cake from the bottom with frosting.
- Put a small amount of frosting on top of each cake, spread it. This is just so the fondant stays in place once you put it on top of the cake.
- Roll out fondant, or for best results you can use 1part fondant : 1 part gumpaste. Cut out rounds, cover cakes.
- Using airbrush and desired colors airbrush little ghost cakes.
- For the eyes, using a fondant ball tool make 2 small holes into the fondant and then attach black pearls into the holes, with little bit of water.
Mini Ghost Cakes Video Tutorial