Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Prepare spaghetti squash: preheat oven to 375F, line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pierce the squash with a knife, place it on the baking sheet, add about 1 cup water. Pick up both sides of the foil and press together to form a large pocket with squash inside. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until soft.
- You can also use microwave to cook the squash, do so in a microwave safe dish, on high setting for about 14-16 minutes.
- Leave the oven on at 375F.
- Let the squash cool for couple of minutes, cut it in half, scoop out seeds.
- Take the fork and remove inner flesh.
- Stir spaghetti squash with peppers, ham and/or knockwurst, parsley, cheese, garlic, dry marjoram. Stir, season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1tbl olive oil.
- Coat baking dish with little bit of olive oil or spray with non stick spray.
- Scrape the squash mixture into the baking dish, smooth the top a little.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and drizzle 2tbl olive oil on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, serve.
- I made this few times already and it is super yummy. You can omit peppers if you don't like them or use only ham if you don't have knockwurst.
- You can make this a day ahead and reheat it in the microwave next day.
Spaghetti Squash Recipe Video