Herbed Honey Lemon Chicken with Mushrooms, Apples and Sweet Potatoes ( marinade recipe loosely adapted from The Comfort of Cooking)
- Is a medium bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces into a plastic container or into a ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken, stir chicken pieces to coat. Marinade chicken for up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 395F, remove chicken from the fridge, transfer chicken into a rimmed baking dish (minimum, chicken pieces should be in one layer 13inx9in).
- In a bowl combine together mushrooms, apples and sweet potatoes, season them with rosemary.
- Distribute mushroom apple potato mixture evently into the chicken, it is okay to coat them with marinade as well.
- Arrange sliced onion and lemon on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkles everything with kosher salt and fresh pepper one more time.
- Bake at 395F, for about 1: 20 minutes, until chicken pieces are cooked through. If you are not certain, try using a fork to separate meat from the bone, if meat is falling of the bones and juices run clean your chicken is done.
- Remove from the oven, and serve.