By the end of February we had all the vegetable seeds we needed and marking beginning of March we started first vegetable seedlings : tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. Always better to have more seedlings, in case some plants don’t survive. As of now they are inside, mostly under artificial light in combination with natural light. Unfortunately we don’t get too much natural light inside so we have to option for articial 5500K fluorescent bulbs to help us grow our veggies.
I also planted some flower seeds – Morning Glory – picture on the right in the middle
|On the left – tomato|
Yesterday I planted more flowers
- a. Fill seedling containers with soil, I’m not using anything special, just basic garden soil.Water soil.
- b. Make holes.
- c. Write names of the plants on the plastic markers. You can buy these already pre-cut, they are usually white. I cut up some from a plastic divider.
- d. Get the seeds.
- e. Place one seed into the hole. Loosely cover with the soil. Water again. Watch them grow.
Keep in mind:
- Keep soil moist at all times.
- Once first leaves come out, move the seedlings to a sunny, moderately warm location, or use artificial lighting. Make sure plants have enought light.
- Keep soil moist but not wet.