Yesterday I showed you how to make delicious Potato Buttermilk Buns and today I'm going to finish them with juicy Chicken Bacon Meatballs smothered in marinara sauce.
Chicken Bacon Meatballs (about 20 1-inch meatballs)
- In a medium bowl stir together : bread crumbs, milk, parsley, cheeses, pepper paste, salt and pepper. Add ground chicken and chopped bacon, stir to combine, add egg and until mixture comes together.
- Using a tablespoon measure, measure chicken into equally large piece then with damp hand form small balls.
- Heat oil in the skillet and over medium high heat add meatballs to the skillet and let them brown on each side, 2 minutes a side.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet and stir gently, then add room temperature marinara sauce and simmer, for 20 minutes or so until sauce has thickened.
- You can make these ahead, and store them in the fridge until ready to be used.
- Serve these with Potato Buttermilk Mini Sandwich Buns- recipe.
Fixings for the burgers: cabbage, cheese slices(any kind you like I use Gouda), dill pickles
- Reheat meatballs in sauce if needed.
- Preheat a broiler, cut each burger in half, spoon some of the sauce on the bottom portion of burger bun put one meatball on top, put a thick slice of cheese on the meatball.
- Place all the burgers' halves with meatballs and also the top portions, cut side facing up onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and broil until cheese is melted.About 5 minutes, watch carefully so you don't burn the buns.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, add cabbage pieces on top of the melted cheese, add top portion of the bun and finish with a dill pickle supported with a toothpick.