Sweet and easy Heart Balloon Cookies. Getting ready for the Valentine's Day? Here is a cute idea for you to try.
- Construct cookies using heart and balloon cutter.
- If you are putting cookie sticks into the cookies, make sure to roll the cookie dough thicker than normal. Then gently place the stick into the cookie, I usually do this before baking.
- Once cookies are baked, don't move them around at all, wait until they are cool.
- Flood the cookies with red royal icing, let dry completely.
- Using painter's brush to tint the edges of the dried icing with brown food coloring, then gently using a very lightly damp brush smooth out/shade the color to make it more even.(thanks to amazing Liz from Arty McGoo for a fabulous tutorial)
- Using white food coloring and a brush, paint a little drop onto the cookie to add dimension to the balloon.