- Bake the cookies, while cookies are still hot make the hole at the top of the cookie with a drinking straw.
- Flood the cookies with light green icing. Let dry
- Using a needle or a pin, trace the bee shape onto the cookie(see the grayscale image) You could also use a food pen but because we are going to do brushed embroidery wings on the bee I wanted to avoid food pen as it would remain visible.
- Using medium stiff white icing pipe a wing curve (using a guide made with a pin) as shown in the picture, then using a small brush using short strokes pull the icing inward. Wipe the brush if necessary. Repeat on another wing.
- Using black icing outline the bee body, fill with yellow and using black make the stripes, let the icing crust slightly before making the bee head.
- Using a fine brush paint the bee tentacles and the dashed line.
- With red pipe "mine". Let dry.
Bee Mine Cookie Tag
Stay tuned for more Valentine's Day Cookie Tutorials .