straw to make a hole in the cookie
needle, or a pin
picture template(about 1 inch across), cut out
: small flat brush and a small detail brush
- Bake the cookies,
while cookies are still hot make the hole at the top of the cookie with
a drinking straw.
- Flood the cookies with light green icing. Let dry
- Using a needle or a pin, trace the bee shape onto the
cookie(see the grayscale image) You could also use a food pen but because we
are going to do brushed embroidery wings on the bee I wanted to avoid food pen
as it would remain visible.
- Using medium stiff white icing pipe a wing curve (using a guide made with a pin) as shown in the picture, then using a
small brush using short strokes pull the
icing inward. Wipe the brush if necessary. Repeat on another wing.
- Using black icing outline the bee body, fill with yellow
and using black make the stripes, let the icing crust slightly before making
the bee head.
- Using a fine brush paint the bee tentacles and the dashed
- With red pipe “mine”. Let dry.
Bee Mine Cookie Tag
Stay tuned for more Valentine’s Day Cookie Tutorials .