Few weeks back I made Raspberry Ricotta Waffles from a little book "Waffles" I bought over the holidays, and since it was a hit I decided try something else. Tomato Ham and Cheese Pizza Waffles. These pizza waffles are perfect for lunch or a quick snack. They also come with a bonus: kids love them. Did I mention you can just eat them on the go, too.
- In a bowl of you mixer, whisk together warm water and honey, add yeast and stir in. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bow stir together flour, salt and and pepper, set aside.
- Once the yeast mixture has bubbles on the top, to the same bowl add flour mixture, eggs and olive oil and beat using a paddle attachment until smooth. About 3 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let proof for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron. At this time you can also start preheating the oven to 350F.
- Spoon 3 tbl of pizza waffle batter onto the each grid, depending on how big your waffle iron is, mine took about 3 tbl each waffle grid.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the light on the waffle iron indicates so.
- Continue making waffles until you finished with all the batter.
- Once the waffles are cooked, evenly distribute cut up ham, tomatoes and cheese on top of each waffle. Sprinkle with oregano or dry basil.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, until cheese is nicely bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Tips: make waffles ahead of time, freeze them for an easy put together snack or lunch. Use variety of toppings as well.
|Pizza Waffle Batter|
|Pizza Waffles ready for the oven|
Don't they look tasty? I assure you they'll be gone before you have a change to take another bite.