- Peel and grate apples and carrots finely. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Peel grapefruit, and using a sharp knife cut away the outer white part, cut the grapefruit in rounds, then cut the rounds in half or smaller. Set aside.
- Take the coconut milk out of the fridge, don’t shake, gently flip the can upside down. Open it with a can opener.
- Strain the liquid into a small dish, reserving the white solid chunk.
- Spoon the white chunky mess into a chilled bowl, whip with chilled beaters on medium to high speed, add powdered sugar and 1/2tsp vanilla bean.
- Into 4 glass dishes divide carrot apple salad, arrange 3 slices of grapefruit on the top.
- Fit a piping bag with a large star tip, fill it with whipped coconut cream and pipe a generous amount onto the grapefruit slices.
- Sprinkle toasted walnut on the top.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
|Flip the can, don’t shake!|
|Stain the liquid part, reserve solids|
Salad as a dessert? Yes, Please.