- Make the soft pretzel dough
- Make the ball/rolls.
- Process dough in the baking soda solution- this is a must for making soft pretzel, don't skip this step.
- Now we'll make the rolls look like pine cones. Using Kitchen Shears snip each ball several times, starting at the end of the roll, with just one cut, gradually adding more cuts as you progress, in circular direction towards the other end.
- Bake as directed in the recipe, brushing sparingly with egg wash before baking and sprinkling with pretzel salt.
- Use fresh rosemary springs for the "pine tree" branch, position baked pine cone pretzels on the rosemary creating a festive look.
|After you process rolls in the baking soda solution, transfer them onto a baking sheet lined with clean parchment paper and start snipping away.|
|Freshly Baked Pine Cone Pretzels|
Let's enjoy the Christmas Party.
Linking to Tidy Mom - I'm Lovin' it.