Here is an adorable idea for the Christmas Table Setting arrangement. Use delicious cookies as place cards and eat them later. I used an Extra Fine Tip Food Writer by Wilton to write the names on cookies.Yes, it is that easy.
These cookies also appeared in the latest Holiday Issue Magazine by Bird’s Party, you can check out the full issue here.
To make adorable Gingerbread Table Setting Cookies you need:
- Flood the leaf cookies with green royal icing, using wet on wet technique pipe white veins.Let dry.
- Once dry, add red berries. Let dry again.
- Paint holly lightly with gold luster dust or you can also use Wilton Gold Color Mist(similar to what I did here)
- Flood gingerbread people cookies with white or light ivory icing. Let dry.
- Using an Extra Fine Tip Food Writer write names on the cookies, according to you table setting arrangement.
- Pipe details on gingerbread people, like eyes, mouth, swirls, buttons. Once dry, paint with luster dust.
- Using stiff to medium consistency royal icing glue gingerbread people onto a holly leaf base.Using crumbled plastic wrap to support them, until icing had dried and cookies can stand on its own without support.
- Store cookies in a large container until you are ready to use them for your table setting.
|Flood Holly Leaves Cookies|
|Add Red Berries|
|Flood Gingerbread people|
|Write names with a food pen|
|Pipe details onto gingerbread people, then paint them with gold luster dust|
|Assemble table setting cookies using royal icing and crumbled plastic wrap support cookies until they can stand on its own|