I hope you are having a good week. Are you doing any holiday baking this weekend? I just baked a batch of my honey cookies early this morning. They are looking wonderful and I can’t wait to start decorating them. But if you are not into the whole cookie decorating thing but still like a cookie bling here is a quick tutorial on making Holiday Cupcake Cookie Toppers. They are really easy to make and taste delicious, too.
Baked mini cookies on the stick
Cookie Sticks, I used 4 inch long cookie sticks. There are different brands on the market, you can get Wilton Lillipop Sticks or Cookie Sticks by CK Products
- You can use any cookie recipe you like to make the cookies, here are few of my favorites.
- Be creative when it comes to shapes, you can make little trees, little stars, gingerbread man, little snowflakes, holly leaf or a bell.Possibilities are endless.
- When making cookie toppers on a stick, make sure you roll the dough out thicker than usual so you can insert the stick into the cookie.
- Now there are 2 ways to do this, you can insert the sitkc before you bake the cookie or some people do it right after they bake the cookies. I insert the stick before I bake the cookies.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then carefully transport the cookies onto a cooling rack and cool completely before icing.
- Ice the cookie with royal icing and immediately followed by applying sparkling sanding sugar.
- Let the icing dry.