I had no idea what to call these so I named them Acorn Horseshoe Cookies. They are for a horse show event Far Hills Race.
I wanted to combine Fall and horse element together and this is what I came up with. Originally I was going to use a leaf cutter but then the leaf shape got into the way of highlighting the horseshoe.
Here is a quick info on how I made these :
- Almond Sugar Cookie, sugar cookie dough flavored with 1tbl of almond extract
- Fresh Lemon Royal Icing, using fresh lemon juice is a wonderful way to flavor the icing plus it pairs nicely with a delicious almond cookie.
- To make the horseshoe I used a simple template I made. Technique can viewed in my previous tutorial here.
- Bronze Luster Dust was used to paint the details. You can find a detailed tutorial on how to paint with luster dust here.
- Quilted cookie technique can be found here.
|Cookie making in process|