Prosciutto Pear and Blue Cheese Sandwiches (recipe - The Happy Everything Cookbook)
8 slices multi grain bread
2tbl olive oil
2tsp balsamic vinegar
2cups salad greens, you can spinach, arugula etc.
2tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of ground black pepper
4-5 slices prosciutto
1 pear, cored and sliced
blue cheese, sliced or crumbled will work as well
- Toast the bread slices
- In a small bowl whisk together 1tbl olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and pepper. Toss the dressing with salad greens. Set aside.
- In another little bowl combine olive oil and mustard and spread the mixture evenly onto 4 pieces of toasted bread.
- Layer some greens on top of each piece.
- Then evenly distribute prosciutto, pear and blue cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Place the jam side down onto the other half of the sandwich to complete the sadnwich.
Now for the fun part. Giveaway. Winner of the Coton Colors Giveaway is Joan Hayes. Congratulations.