Coton Colors a company based in Tallahassee, Florida, offering beautiful hand-crafted pottery, variety of gifts and decor.
Apple Cake (2 -9 inch round cakes)
1 1/2 vegetable oil
3eggs, lightly beaten
3cups red delicious apples, peeled, cored & coarsely chopped
1cup pecans, chopped
1tsp baking soda
2tsp vanilla extract
1cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1tsp vanilla extract
additional pecans for garnish
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans, set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, oil, eggs, apples and pecans.
- Into a medium bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda. Repeat sifting dry ingredients 2 more times.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the apple mixture. Stir by hand,just until combined. Add vanilla and stir.
- Divide batter into prepare cake pans.
- Place both cake on the middle rack into the cold oven.
- Set oven to 325F and bake for 45 minutes. or until middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack.
- Cool cook completely before icing.
- In the meantime you can prepare the icing.
- In a small saucepan, stir together butter and brown sugar. Cook on medium heat, just until sugar is dissolved.
- Add evaporated milk and bring the mixture to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Let the icing cool to room temperature before icing the cake.
- Use some of the icing to fill the cakes, simply spread the icing between 2 cake layers, pour the remaining icing on top of the top layer. For festive look, let the icing drip down the sides. Decorate the top of the cake with pecans.
- This recipe can be also easily doubled if need.
The Happy Everything Cookbook($34.95)
- Visit Coton Colors website and then come back and leave me a comment what is it that you love from their store. Would you buy something for yourself or perhaps a gift for a friend?
- Like Coton Colors facebook page, let them know you are coming from Haniela's
- Spread the word about this giveaway on FB, Twitter or your blog, leave me a comment with a link to your post