I’m sure by now you all know that I love baking and cooking from scratch. People often ask me, how do you find time to do all you do, well I just do, simply because if I don’t do it nobody else will do it for me, so that’s my strategy. Plain and simple.
I often joke that I can’t keep my kitchen clean because the minute it is clean I need to bake something ..which results in more flour on the counter and maybe even on the floor, and dirty dishes and such. Not sure what drives me but I think I have my grandmother’s spirit she enjoyed baking/cooking for others, though there are times I rather sit and do nothing, some say I don’t know how to relax and they are probably right as I’m always doing something. Today I’m making braided pretzels.
Since I’ve learned how to make soft pretzels from scratch I’ve been enjoying them quite often.Recipe is really easy to follow and kids can help too, they are delicious and always a party favorite.
I use this recipe Soft Pretzels Recipe-Pretzel Bites
Braided Soft Pretzels
- make the dough, follow the recipe-Soft Pretzels Recipe-Pretzel Bites
- divide dough into equal pieces ,roll 3 pieces into long robes and braid them together, cut into desired length, continue with remaining dough
- follow all the steps -see the recipe, dip pretzels in baking soda solution, and cook for 30 seconds
- brush pretzels with egg wash
- sprinkle with pretzel salt
- bake at 400F, until golden brown
Delicious Soft Pretzles