I don't know about you but I find that doing simple designs can be quite challenging, mostly because in simple designs you can see every single imperfection.Sigh. I messed up one cookie before I got it right and I also practiced on a piece of paper before I started working on cookies.
- I decided to paint the tracks using food coloring pen
- Make sure that base icing, the one you'll be drawing on is dry
- Practice drawing tracks on a piece of paper
- I find that drawing one row at a time worked best for me, first I drew left row of very slightly curved lines and then I finished it off with the right row.
- Let the painted details dry
- Pipe additional details and dust some sanding sugar on top of the freshly piped lines.
- Let dry