- First on a piece of wax paper outline and flood the house base part, roof, sides, fronts, let dry completely
- Once all the pieces are dry, add detail with white royal icing, let dry again
- Assemble the house using brown royal icing, as shown in the pictures
- Let dry completely before handling
Displaying Royal Icing House onto a buttercream frosted cupcake :
- Using the same color royal icing as is your buttercream, apply thick layer of royal icing all around the perimeter of the base of the gingerbread house, part that will be in direct contact with buttercream. I find that creating a barrier between buttercream and actual cupcake topper made from royal icing is a great way to stop moisture/fat penetrating into the cupcake topper. I'm not sure if this makes any sense to you but I've been doing this for years, even with fondant decorations. I find that it helps to prolong a display life of your cupcake topper.